If you are involved in a motorcycle accident in Overland Park, KS, the limit of insurance coverage on your motorcycle insurance determines the amount of compensation you receive. Optimal motorcycle insurance can be the difference between you obtaining an excellent compensation package and walking away with uncovered liabilities after an accident. That being said, Fortress Insurance Agency is here to give you insights into Kansas motorcycle insurance to enable you to make an informed decision when shopping for coverage.
Motorcycle insurance is mandatory.
Like your auto insurance, all Kansas riders are required to carry motorcycle insurance when riding on public roads. Failure to carry motorcycle insurance could result in fines and penalties, including license suspension.
State-required motorcycle insurance
The Kansas state requires all riders to carry the below minimum motorcycle insurance coverages:
- Liability coverage: You should have bodily injury liability coverage to pay medical expenses for accidents you cause to others. Property liability coverage protects you against damages you cause to other people’s property.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage: This coverage covers medical expenses, final expenses, and partial loss of income for you and your passengers when involved in an accident.
- Underinsured motorist coverage: This insurance plan covers medical costs for you when involved in a crash with an uninsured motorist at fault. Additionally, this insurance comes in handy in hit-and-run scenarios.
Optional motorcycle insurance coverages
Given that motorcycle accidents can be catastrophic, you need more than the state-required minimums to get proper coverage. Here are additional insurance options that riders can consider:
- Collision coverage: Pays for physical damages to your bike when involved in an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage: Protects your bike against non-collision perils like theft, vandalism, fire, hail, falling objects, and other natural calamities.
Are you looking for motorcycle insurance in Overland Park, KS? Please contact Fortress Insurance Agency for an affordable quote.