Required Auto Insurance in Kansas

If you own a vehicle, it’s important to always keep an auto insurance policy on it. It’s required by Kansas law that you have at least the minimum amount of required coverage types in your policy. Your insurance agent will know what you need and what else would be helpful to have in your auto policy.  When you need auto insurance, call us today at Fortress Insurance Agency in Overland Park, KS.

Required Coverage for Kansas Vehicles

There are several different types of coverage that are required for Kansas drivers to have. These come in various minimum amounts that are required, though drivers can add more coverage to the minimum amounts. In the state, bodily injury liability coverage is required. This includes one amount for one person who is injured and another amount for everyone injured in the accident.

There is also an amount required for property damage liability coverage. In addition, every driver must have an amount of bodily injury coverage for one person injured when an accident happens with an uninsured motorist. There is another amount required for everyone who is injured in that type of accident. There is also basic personal injury protection coverage that is required. This is an amount for each person who is injured in the accident from your own vehicle. 

Other Coverage

In addition to the required coverage, you may want to get comprehensive or collision insurance coverage. With collision insurance, the damage to your vehicle is covered. With comprehensive coverage, the vehicle is covered against a wide range of risks that it faces when it isn’t being driven. 

Get Auto Insurance in Kansas

When you own a vehicle in the state, you have to have an auto policy for it. To get a policy, call us at Fortress Insurance Agency in Overland Park, KS.