At Fortress Insurance Agency, we have helped many Overland Park, KS area residents understand their auto insurance policy. If you’re new to car ownership, it is essential to read this information to understand better your level of coverage and what kind of policies you may need.
Basic Insurance Coverage
When buying auto insurance, you pay a premium every month that helps create a specific coverage level. And your limitations or deductibles indicate how much you have to pay before your policy goes into effect. Your primary coverage option includes:
- Liability coverage for bodily injury or property damage
- Supplementary payments related to your accident’s legal state
- Expenses to repair your vehicle
- Comprehensive coverage that pays beyond collision situations
However, your policy may also include many other additional coverage types that you can tweak to get the help that you need. Understanding your options here will help to ensure that you choose the best coverage option for your needs as a person.
Adding extra policy coverage to your insurance helps to protect you against common problems that may otherwise affect you. Just a few additional options that you can add to your policy include:
- Medical payment coverage for you and your family
- Uninsured policies to protect from other drivers
- Underinsured coverage to protect against other drivers
- Operational losses if your policy is for a business vehicle
Often, these extra coverage options must be added to your policy. Your premiums and deductibles may go up or down, depending on your insurance company. Make sure you balance your needs in a way that makes sense for you.
Get the Coverage You Deserve
If you need a high-quality auto insurance policy, please contact Fortress Insurance Agency to learn more. We serve the Overland Park, KS area and will do what we can to help you here.