Do You Need Motorhome Insurance When You’re Not Traveling?

Traveling in your motorhome can be an amazing way to see the country, but what happens when you’re not traveling? While you might decide to make your motorhome your full-time residence, you might also want to use it for vacations and leave it parked the rest of the time. If you’re not driving it, do you still need insurance on it? At Fortress Insurance Agency we can help you and other travelers in Overland Park, KS get the right motorhome insurance.

Motorhome Insurance When Not Traveling

The type and level of insurance coverage you need will depend on the way you use your motorhome. If it’s your full-time home, you definitely want to make sure you’re covered at all times. It’s not just about driving it, though. You also need protection from fire, theft, and other types of issues that could happen to it whether it’s on the road or parked in your driveway or a campground space.

If you’re only using your motorhome occasionally, and it spends most of its year parked at your house or sitting in a storage facility, you may be able to have a different kind of coverage on it. Since it’s not being used on the roadways at that time, you can work with your agent to ensure it’s protected without the need to protect other drivers. Talking to your agent about the options you have is the right way to find proper coverage.

We Are Here To Help

If you’re in the Overland Park, KS area, reach out to us today at Fortress Insurance Agency. We can help you find the right motorhome insurance policy for your needs, so you can get the coverage that fits your situation. Depending on how much coverage you’re looking for and the amount of time you drive your motorhome during the year, you may have several options.